Standard dentures cover the entire palate and as such are very uncomfortable for some patients. In this case, the best solution is a mobile prosthesis that is fixed to the implants and creates a firm connection with them without the palate.
The retention system using a bar or a locator provides optimal stability of the prosthesis. The prosthesis has grooves in its base that fit perfectly on the individually made bar. It is a semi-fixed solution for people with missing teeth who do not have enough bone volume for fixed work on implants.
The advantages of a mobile dental prosthesis without a palate are:
• Reduced palatal plate – better phonation and easier food consumption
• normal and natural chewing function
• solid and stable prosthetic solution
• completely natural appearance of the teeth
• simple maintenance of oral hygiene
In the first phase, four (4) implants are installed, it is necessary to wait for the osseointegration time of 3-4 months on average. After that, we can start the process of making a semi-fixed prosthesis.
Find more information about maintaining oral hygiene in the blog